Wednesday 15 September 2010

Aaron Sims



The final artist I investigated was Aaron Sims, a production and character designer who also does visual FX. He has worked on lots of films I’ve seen which are mostly fantasy and science fiction, just like Dylan Cole. I’m most interested in Aaron’s character design work, which is really imaginative and unique. Aaron uses Photoshop and Softimage to produce his designs, and like Dylan and Bert Monroy his work looks 3D even if it isn’t. He has also inspired lots of digital artists and he even makes instructional DVDs so show how he creates his creatures.

I really like Aaron’s character design work because it’s so creative and different, if a bit strange, but this just shows his amazing imagination. But that’s what I like most about his work, as well as the techniques he uses to get the final image and how realistic it looks, even though it isn’t a real creature, he also can make the creatures scary and twisted as well by just the colouring and body structure. There isn’t much I don’t like about Aaron’s work, it’s all interesting and is stuff I’m interested in, the only thing is that some of his work is a bit disturbing but that’s what makes his stuff original.





No comments:

Post a Comment